Bloomberg Business of Sports Weekend
- Network inventory: 6 mins per hour
- Local inventory: 11:30 mins per hour
- Available: Fridays at 8pm, Saturdays at 11am and Sundays at 7am & 4pm (DB via XDS as needed)
- Length: One (1) hour
- Delivery: XDS or FTP
THE SHOW THAT EXPLAINS THE MONEY BEHIND THE FINAL SCORE
Sports is big business, and beyond the wins and losses lives a fascinating infrastructure. Bloomberg Radio has created a stable of programs to offer your station and your listeners a unique look at the world of sports -- a look that only a name like Bloomberg could provide.
Michael Barr, Scott Soshnick and Eben Novy-Williams follow the money in the world of sports, taking listeners inside decisions that power the multi-billion dollar industry. From media and technology to finance and real estate, leagues and teams across the globe have matured into far more than just back-page entertainment.
Check out the demo here.
What You Get
- The Bloomberg Business of Sports weekly one-hour long-form show, via XDS or available by FTP download by 2:00 pm every Friday. The show features high-profile guests and lively discussions about winners and losers in sports - and in the businesses behind those sports. Click here to listen to a recent interview with MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred.
- Access to three podcasts a week to post on your station podcast page.
- Mondays - A discussion between the three hosts wrapping up weekend sports developments and top stories. Here's an example.
- Wednesdays - A discussion among hosts Scott, Michael, and Eben about the top stories in sports mid-week.
- Thursdays - A weekend show podcast with newsmaker interview.
Michael Barr is a news anchor for Bloomberg Radio and also co-hosts the "Bloomberg Business of Sports" radio show and podcast. Barr joined Bloomberg as a news anchor in 2014. Prior to joining Bloomberg, Barr was a news anchor for the ABC Radio Network from 2001 to 2014. He also anchored sportscasts for ABC. Before working at ABC, Barr was a news anchor for WJR Radio in Detroit from 1987 to 2001 and also has worked in television for WDIV in Detroit and WTVG in Toledo, Ohio.
Scott Soshnick joined Bloomberg News in 1993 as a reporter and columnist. Soshnick spearheads Bloomberg's sports business coverage and co-hosts Bloomberg's Business of Sports radio show and podcast, which he created. He is a frequent contributor to ESPN's Outside the Lines and SportsCenter programs, as well as SportsNet New York's Daily News Live. Soshnick was Bloomberg's national NBA correspondent from 1998-2005, covering breaking news and reporting on all facets of the league. Before joining Bloomberg, he served as an associate producer at WFAN radio in New York, conducting interviews for on-air play and securing guests at the nation's leading all-sports station. Soshnick graduated from Syracuse University in 1992 with a B.A. in broadcast journalism.
Eben Novy-Williams is a sports business reporter for Bloomberg News, and co-host of the "Bloomberg Business of Sports" podcast and radio show. He also covers the U.S. sportswear industry for Bloomberg News. That includes companies like Nike, Under Armour and Dick's Sporting Goods.
Novy-Williams has covered sports business for the past decade, with an eye towards technology, media, gambling and money behind college sports. His writing appears on the Bloomberg Terminal, Bloomberg.com and Businessweek Magazine. Novy-Williams graduated from Princeton University with a B.A. in politics.